Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3

Left the motel at 8:00 this morning and landed in Wichita Falls, TX @ 4:00 pm.
Just got done with a swim, felt good to cool off after riding all day. Got in 331 miles today, have I mentioned yet how hot Texas is, maybe even hotter that FL?

Another dry day for me,how long can my luck hold out, I keep wondering? 82 was all two lane road except for an area where it would go four lanes for passing. A lot of semis use this route. It was very nice through AR but the scenery in this part of Texas looks a lot like the scenery on Rt 60 in FL. Lots and lots of pasture land, just a bit more hilly.

Tomorrow will be my shortest day, only 231 miles to Amarillo, where I plan to stay the night and re-visit the The Big Texan. Was there a couple of years ago and it was a hoot. A tourist trap but a fun tourist trap, none the less. I don't think I will be taking on the 72oz steak challenge though. http://www.bigtexan.com/

Thanks for the emails regarding this blog and those that joined as followers.
I appreciate your interest.
P.S.for my 'gun friend': No worries, the 38. is fully loaded and in the tank bag or next to my bed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment