Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 9


Another 520 mile day. I had planned to take a quicker route home, I40 from Amarillo all the way to Memphis in three to four days. I left at 7:00am this morning, it was overcast and chilly, I had on my leather jacket with line, was still cold. After stopping for breakfast, I checked in with Greg and he told me about some really bad weather in OK City that stretched out for a long way. To avoid this, I had to changed my route, a longer route as I am still in Texas tonight, barely, just at the AR line in town called New Boston.

Two more days and I will be home. Above is a pic that I took in OK today. I did not actually go into the park, it just happened to be where I took off my rain gear. Speaking of which, after nine days, I still have not gotten wet, what luck.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you chose another route; I saw the bad weather report for OK on the news! Hope you have a rainfree ride all the way home!!

    ReplyDelete