Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 1


Only one picture taken today but a very important pic after riding 696 miles in the heat. Left the house @ 6:45, hit Lake City at 10:30 and with the central time change, I was in Pensacola @ 2:30. That was way too early to stop and I heard from
a another rider at a gas stop how bad the traffic was in Mobile. I did not want to get into that on a Monday morning, so I kept going. Took a little detour...........OK,
I got lost after that. Cost me about 50 miles all in all. Once I got back on track, I was out in the boonies with no motels until I arrived here, which is Meridian, MS.

There was a strong head wind going across the state on I10, my gas mileage sucked, I guess having a 100 lbs worth of luggage doesn't help either. :-) My gas light would come on 122 miles instead of 144.

I dodged a lot of rain today, never got wet but rode on a lot of wet roads, so I feel lucky. It was an awesome day of riding, I was at one with my bike. Probably will sleep in a bit tomorrow, not sure where I will be stopping. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. The poor mileage could either be the headwinds or riding faster than 75. Ask Skid about my mileage when riding behind him at 85-90 with my 900.

    ReplyDelete