Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 2



Today was total opposite of the ride yesterday. Got started later and did not get in nearly as many miles. This was a better day of riding, while 82 is a major road,
it is much more scenic than 175 or I10. Sometimes it four lanes out in farm country and you can run 65mph, sometimes it is two lane with a few sweeping curves. Yahoo :-)
One portion of the hwy (about 50 miles) had terrible road joints. Imagine going 65 over mini speed bumps every quarter mile. This wreaked havoc on my luggage, every jolt made the luggage slip, no matter how tight I tried to make it. This caused me to make
several stops which ate up a lot of time. It's all good, though, as this is not an Iron Butt Ride.

Rode along the MS River for a bit, that was very enjoyable. BTW, I don't think MS men have seen many women on motorcycles, I can tell this by all the horn honking I received today. LOL!!!

Total mileage today was only 323. The weather gods smiled upon me again, bright blue skies with no rain in sight. Started out cool at 8:15 but was rather hot by 2:00pm. Stopped about 4:30 in El Dorado, AR. Time for a shower and get some dinner

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I mentioned your adventure today to a girl that works in my office, Augustine, and her mother and some of her family lives there. Her advise was don't get lost, you may never find your way out! She does love the MS river, too! S

    ReplyDelete